Asset Tracker (Factory Firmware)
Last updated on: December 31, 2019
The Icarus board comes preloaded with an Asset Tracker firmware connected to the Actinius I/O platform. An initial device provisioning phase is required before the device starts sending data to the platform.
After the board connects to the network, it will send a hello message to the Actinius I/O platform. The LED on the board should turn purple indicating that the device needs to be provisioned. In order to provision the device go through the following steps:
- Open the Actinius I/O platform website and create an account
- Press the add device button.
- Double tap the center button on the board to start/restart provisioning
- Follow the instructions shown on the Actinius I/O platform. On each provided step make sure you keep the button pressed for a little while before letting it go
If everything goes ok you should see the board LED turn green and start short blinking
Data sent to the platform
The platform will receive the data which is sent from the Icarus and display it. This includes:
- Accelerometer data (acceleration on X,Y,Z axes expressed in m/s^2)
- Battery data (current battery charge expressed in mV)
- GPS data (latitude, longitude, altitude, heading, fix epoch)
The data can be viewed by pressing the "Data" button on the Actinius I/O platform